Internet Markedsføring Online | Pet Insurance | Artikler

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Internal linking didn't last

Well it was fun while it lasted. As you may have read in my previous post I decided to change the “home” link on my website to “keyword phrase – home” instead to see what would happen in terms of search engine ranking. For three days it went really well I my site skyrocketed to #2 and naturally the traffic followed instantly. Unfortunately it didn’t last more than the three days and now the site is back where it was before.

What does that say about internal linking? At least it has an effect but it isn’t the sole factor that you should count on to maintain good rankings. The thing that I have seen giving a site the best long term effect is building links to your site. Have other sites link to yours and the more the better. What I prefer to do it to submit lots of articles to article directories or sometimes even outsource it.

Currently I have had a ghost writer do a series of articles for me at a great price per article and I have distributed them using
www.isnare.com ‘s service. It might not be the cheapest or even the best solution but it works. The other day I found another site that looks very promising and at a great price. I haven’t tried them out yet but if you are into distributing loads of articles you might want to give them a few minutes of your time: www.articlemarketer.com

Labels: , , ,